Hello again compers! How is your week going, any nice wins to report? Four wins for me so far for May including a hamper of Bear Nibbles goodies from Instagram, a pair of walking boots worth £75 from Millets on Facebook, a pencil case in a facebook comp and a box of After Eight Mints from their daily Facebook comp – yum! April wasn’t too bad a month for me in the end, seeing as how the kiddos were at home for the first part of it with the Easter holidays. I managed to still win 10 prizes last month, mostly small but also including a Russell Hobbs mini oven that I won for my daughters’ school in the Anchor Baking Kits for Schools comp and a signed copy of “Guess How Much I Love You” from Netmums. The win for our school was a particularly nice one, as it is always lovely to be able to share wins like that. They are very grateful that I keep an eye out for schools comps, and I know that the prizes I win for them, like the 15 scooters I won last year, are well needed and will be well used by all the children – including my own!
I can see from the Chatterbox Forum that you lucky people are still winning big – let’s take a look at some of my favourite wins you all scooped during April 2015:
- Lots of members are still wining prize bundles from the Onken on-pack promotion
- £1,000 lastminute.com vouchers, from a Facebook comp that ended in December 2014!
- A lovely big box of baby items, from a Netmums comp
- An iPad Mini, from the Classic FM hourly comp
- More members won £250 Love2Shop vouchers, from the Muller Rice on-pack comp
- Still more members won £100 Morrisons Vouchers, from the Colgate on-pack promotion
- £150 Red Letter Days voucher, from a Facebook comp
- A case of chilled McGuigan wine, from a local comp
- £100 of supermarket vouchers, as a runners up prize in the Big & Fresh Smeg text comp
- £200 Land’s End vouchers, from their Pinterest competition
- Dinner and a stay at The Shard in London, from the Cobra on-pack comp
- A £3,000 bathroom, from an online entry comp
Think the title of “most odd but useful win” has to go to a lovely member who has literally won half a cow last month! Courtesy of a Facebook comp one lucky comping family will be enjoying £1,300 of beef, sent in stages over six months – what a fabulous meaty prize!
Our own Michelle Young has had a great couple of wins this month too – a luxury spa break courtesy of Disarano and Tia Maria, and her husband also won a fabulous trip to the Blue Lagoon in Iceland from the Skittles on-pack promotion. The prize includes four days B&B plus a trip to the Blue Lagoon itself, a 3-course dinner, helicopter ride, VIP lounge at the airport and a whale watching experience – what a fantastic prize! Steve Middleton reported a lovely win this month too – a very fancy Sage coffee machine worth over £500! This was part of the Pure DAB radio purchase promotion, and is a lovely piece of kit for coffee lovers! Just goes to show that your Compers News team and their families are keen compers too!
Here’s hoping for more lovely wins this month, and keep telling us all about them on the Chatterbox Forum - I for one love to read all about your fabulous wins!
Happy comping and lots of Lucky Dust to you all!