Hello everyone! How is your week going, any nice wins to report? A couple of small prizes here of a book from a local Isle of Wight newsletter competition and a £10 Amazon voucher from the J2O Blippar competition. I love winning Amazon vouchers this time of year, as they all go towards the big Christmas presents that need buying, generally from Amazon. My eldest has been off school this week recovering from her tonsillectomy, so comping has been few and far between. She is well on the mend now though and I am starting to get back into my comping groove a little. What are you trying to win specifically at the moment; do you have a Comping Wish List? I am trying to win a laptop for my eldest, a holiday (as always!) and anything Star Wars related for Christmas gifts too!
I find that the month of October is when competitions really seem to start coming in thick and fast. October also means Halloween, which in turn means lots of great creative competitions for us all to be entering. With that in mind here is my run down of some of the best Halloween competitions that require a bit more effort:
- Are you like lightning with a sewing machine, or a demon with a needle? If you will be undertaking some Halloween sewing projects this month why not submit them to Sew.co.uk and you could be one of five winners who will each receive a big bundle of McCall’s sewing patterns worth £100 each! Submit your spooky sews handmade horrors and eerie accessories via social media using the hashtag #SewHalloween by the closing date of 29th October 2015 for a chance to win.
- Are you having a Halloween party this year, and maybe serving up some deliciously devilish treats? Upload a photo of your creepiest cakes and bakes via the Cake Boss UK Facebook page and you could be winning a whopping £200 to spend on baking and decorating goodies. Entries for this one close at midnight on 30th October 2015, so get your creative juices flowing!
- Fancy bagging £150 of vouchers to spend at Poundland? Think of all the goodies you could stock up with for Halloween, or keep them for the festive period? To enter this fab comp you need to create your own Pinterest board showing them your idea of a Fangtastic Halloween, tagging your pins with #PoundlandHalloween and submitting your board URL via the website. Entries close at 23:59 on 31st October 2015, and my advice would be to keep your board marked as “secret” until nearer the closing time, to avoid people stealing your pin ideas!
- Will you be carving pumpkins with scary faces and spooky scenes ready for Halloween? Get creative and you could be winning yourself £60 of Mountain Warehouse to spend on whatever you fancy. Pinterest and the internet are a great source of ideas and templates to use, so get your carving knife out and get submitting your best pumpkin pictures by the closing date of 23:59 on 31st October 2015 for a chance to win.
- Does everyone in your family get into the Halloween spirit – even your dog - then Mountain Warehouse has another great competition just for you! Submit a photo of your faithful pooch that captures the spirit of Halloween, maybe wearing a fun Halloween costume or in a cute pose and you could be winning an annual membership to BorrowMyDoggy and a Mountain Warehouse dog walking kit. Entries close at midnight n 31st October 2015, so plenty of time to convince your doggy that he loves looking like a pumpkin!
- Shopping vouchers come in handy any time of the, but winning a £25 Tesco ahead of Halloween and Christmas is especially handy. Submit your best Halloween costume pictures via the Screetons Property Facebook page by the closing date of 31st October 2015 and you could be stocking up the fridge for your efforts.
- Okay so this has to be the most specialised Halloween competition I have seen, but as such the entries should be really low! If you enjoy canoeing and dressing up at Halloween, why not combine the two and you could be winning a £25 Cotswold voucher! Broths Canoeing wants to see your paddling related Halloween activities and outfits, which you can submit by email until the closing date of midday on 9th November 2015 – happy paddling!
- Think you can pull the ultimate scary face? Why not submit your Spooky Selfie to Subway UK on Facebook or Twitter using #SpookySelfie and you could be taking the family off on a frighteningly good tri to LA! This fabulous family holiday includes return flights for two adults and two children, three nights’ accommodation, a tour of Sony Pictures and day passes to a local theme park. There are also 100 x Hotel Transylvanian goody bags up for grab for the runners’ up. The competition closes at 23:59 on 10th November 2015 and you can enter as any times as you like, as long as the picture you use each time is unique.