Hello everyone! How was your week, any nice wins to report? Nothing new to report here prize-wise, but I have been a busy bunny this week preparing for my eldest being off school for two weeks. She went in for her tonsillectomy this morning and I am waiting to hear how she got on and when she will be home. I feel I will be administering lots of pain relief and preparing lots of hot chocolate over the next few weeks to aid in her recovery. This has all meant that I haven’t comped as much as I would have liked, but it is all for a good cause of course!
I am getting quite organised for Christmas though: presents stashed away, snacks squirreled away in a secret place in the house and lists aplenty hidden away in my special Christmas file. I like to make lists for everything: presents, stocking stuffers, traditions I would like to start or continue, recipes to try, crafts to make and even special foods and drinks to get hold of. Do you like to get specific, special treats in for the Christmas season? What are your favourites?
I like to get the fridge well stocked with alcohol when it is on offer too, to avoid buying it all at full price nearer the time and paying over the odds. When I do my stocking up shop this weekend I will be looking out for promotional packs of one of my favourite lager brand, Coors Light, as they have an amazing competition running at the moment. Purchase a promotional pack of Coots Light and you could be heading off an amazing sub-zero adventure! Enter the unique code from your pack online at http://www.coorslight.co.uk/en/subzero and you could instantly win one of 60 x snow and ice adventures for two people including Olympic bobsleighing in Austria, snowmobiling in Finnish Lapland, glacier hiking in Iceland or ice dining in Sweden! There are also 4,250 runners’ up prizes of UK-based snow and ice day trips including an ice climbing experience, a ski or snowboarding lesson, ice karting or snow zorbing! If you are lucky enough to win one of these amazing prizes you could soon be having lots of fun in the ice and snow and experiencing some of the best winter activities available! A maximum of two unique code entries per person per day are permitted, and you can enter every day until the competition closes at 23:59 on 31st December 2015. After this dater any further entries will go unto one last mop up raw for a further UK-based ice or snow experience, which endless at 23:59 on 7th March 2016.
If you like the sound of heading off to the slopes on a wintery adventure, here are some other great competitions for you to try this weekend:
- How about taking the family on a skiing adventure to the French Alps worth £4,000? Family Traveller is offering one lucky family the fabulous prize of a spectacular ski trip by train in association with Alpine Elements. The prize includes a seven night family ski holiday in April 2016 consisting of return rail travel from London to Cluses, seven nights’ catered accommodation at the Hotel |Ridge in Morzine, ski and board hire and transfers – a great family experience to be had there! To enter you need to answer the question (Our advice – The French Alps) by the closing date of 23:59 on 31st October 2015.
- The Telegraph Ski & Snowboard has a great competition to win a seven night luxury holiday to Norway at the moment. The winner and a friend will enjoy seven luxurious nights and experience the best of Nordic charm and skiing in Geilo. The prize includes half board accommodation in a four star suite, lift passes, flights, equipment hire and a horse drawn sleigh ride! To enter you need to submit your details at the website by the closing date of 10th November 2015 – simple.
- Do you enjoy the thrill of skiing and exploring new runs on a winter holiday? Enter the great competition being run by Southampton Airport and you could soon be jetting off on a seven night Olympia SkiWorld Ski Safari in Tirol, Austria. The winner and a friend will be able to enjoy a ski holiday including a mix of blue, black and red runs taking you day by day to an array of ski areas and varied ski terrain. The prize includes return flights, seven nights’ accommodation on a half board basis and lift passes. To enter you need to supply your details at the website by the closing date of 31st December 2015, and you could soon be heading off to the slopes of Austria!
- Fancy heading off for a week in the snow with the Ski Specialist Travel Club Elite and Neilson Holidays? Enter the Snow Magazine competition and you and a friend could be wining a fabulous week in the one of Neilson’s Ski Resorts. The prize includes tip-top holiday or chalet accommodation, flights and transfers to one of their fabulous resorts across the snowy slopes of Europe! To enter you need to answer the question (Our advice – Neilson) by the closing date of Neilson) by the closing date of 31st January 2016.
- Does he sound of a short break in the beautiful Swiss Alps sound inviting? Ricola, the herbal sweets, have teamed up with Switzerland Tourism to offer one lucky winner an unforgettable holiday for two people! The prize includes a four night half board stay for two people in a three star hotel in Adelboden, return flights, first class rail travel, a year’s supply of Ricola sweets and a backpack from Mammut! To enter you need to answer the question (Our advice – 13) by the closing date of 30th June 2016.