Hello everyone! How has your week been, any nice wins to report? Just a few small ones here of a bottle of Ecover washing up liquid from a facebook comp and another Goodreads book. It’s been a fairly quiet week for after-school clubs etc, so I have managed to get quite a bit of coming done in the evenings. I live in hope that my efforts will pay off and the wins will start flooding in – keeping everything crossed! The weather has been rubbish here for most of the week, properly feels like autumn now and we are all starting to get excited making plans for the coming season and beyond. My mind is also starting to turn to getting this put away for Christmas too, in terms of prizes, presents, recipes and craft ideas – are you thinking about Christmas yet or is it too soon?
Are you looking forward to the start of the Rugby World Cup later today? Maybe you have a rugby-fan in your house that is getting ready for the big tournament? My hubby isn’t generally a rugby fan as much as he is a football fan, but as it is a national tournament he tends to watch the England games at the very least. My brother in law and nephew are both big rugby fans and I know they will be glued to the TV for the next few weeks catching as many games as they can! When I am out picking up treats for the weekend I shall be looking out for promotional packs of Lucozade Sport, so that I can enter to try and win one of their 720 home nations rugby shirts! Pick up a promotional bottle of Lucozade Sport and enter the unique code online at https://www.lucozadesport.com/rugby-instant-win/ between 10:00 and 20:00 to be told instantly if you have won one of the fabulous home nations rugby shirts for you to wear and support your country with pride. You can only use each code once but there is no limit to how many times you can enter during the promotion, which ends at 20:00 on 31st October 2015 – good luck!
If rugby is your game, or you just want to support your country in the Rugby World Cup here are some other great competitions for you to enter this weekend:
- If you feel like a tipple or two whilst enjoying the games then make sure you enter the All in London competition to win a Limited Edition Rugby wine case worth £60! One lucky winner will receive an exclusive case of Limited Edition Wolf Bass Yellow Label wine, launched to celebrate this year’s Rugby World Cup. To enter you need to register with or log in at answer the question (Our advice – 2003) by the closing date of 27th September 2015.
- Any true rugby fan would love to win the prize being given away by I Just Love it! They will produce a personalised RWC book covering all the best newspaper articles from 1987 to the present day. To enter simply answer the question at the website (Our advice – England) by the closing date of 30th September 2015.
- Do you have little rugby mad readers in your family? I bet they would enjoy the Rugby Academy series by Tom Farmer, featuring the Borderlands school rugby team. The books are aimed at children aged 9+ and Primary Times are giving away a set of three of the books to ten lucky winners. To enter you need to register with or log in at the website and answer the question (Our advice – the game) by the closing date of 30th September 2015.
- If you can’t get along to one of the actual matches, how about winning a bundle of England rugby merchandise including an official jacket, t-shirt, rugby ball, magazine, flag, teddy bear and lots of other goodies! Simple Lighting is giving away this great supporters’ pack and all you need to do to join in is to answer the question at the website (Our advice – New Zealand) by the closing date of 30th September 2015
- The final of the RWC will be an amazing sporting spectacle, even if one of the home nations isn’t included. Enter the DHL Rugby quiz and test your rugby knowledge to be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets for the final at Twickenham Stadium in London on 31st October 2015. Even if your knowledge isn’t up to scratch there are helpful hints and links to help you get the right answers as you go – entries close at 23:59 on 2nd October 2015.
- Do you fancy yourself as a sports photographer? Canon is giving lucky winners the chance to win a unique photography experience at the Rugby World Cup 2015. The prize consists of the chance to shadow a Getty Images photographer at an official RWC 2015 open training session for one of the participating nations. The prize includes a pre-event prep session, the loan of Canon equipment, a shoot at an opening training session lasting approximately 15-30 minutes, a post event review of the images and a pair of tickets to attend a RWC match! To enter you need to submit your best image showing your “unique perspective” on rugby and submit via social media during one of the submission periods ending 27th September or 4th October 2015.