Hello everyone! How was your week, any nice wins to report? Still nothing new to report here, but it has been a ridiculously busy week filled with work, school, swimming and after-school commitments of homework and clubs. I haven’t had as much time this week to comp to be honest, as we haven’t been getting in from swimming practise until gone 6.30, and then people need feeing, showering and packing off to bed. By the time I have sat down in the evening I haven’t had much energy or comping mojo to spare! I am hoping that things will start to calm down a bit now (wishful thinking?) and I can get back into a comping routine. I have started to think about Christmas gifts and experiences too, so I am writing myself a Wish List of things I would like to win for the season. Still top of my list is a trip to Lapland, so if anyone sees any good comps for this do let me know or tag me in on social media! What’s on your Wish List at the moment?
A holiday is usually high on most people’s comping Wish List I find – whether it is a weekend away in the UK, or a once in a lifetime trip to Australia competitions open up experiences and trips that we might not usually be able to even think about! We have a party coming up next weekend so when I go shopping for nibbles and drinks to take with us I am going to keep my eyes peeled for promotional packs of Russian Standard Vodka, as they have a great competition running at the moment! Purchase a 70cl or 1L bottle of vodka with a promotional neck collar on it, and you could be jetting off to beautiful, historic St Petersburg in Russia! The winner and a guest will fly from London to St Petersburg and enjoy 5 nights in the 5 star Cornthia Hotel, breakfast each morning, a three course dinner, tickets to the Stars of the White Nights at the Marinskey Theatre, tourist visas and £250 spending money! There are even 60 runners up bundles which each include a Russian Standard vodka branded fridge, a bottle of vodka, two shot glasses, copper mugs and ginger beer – perfect for a Russian themed party! To enter you need to send a text as described on the neck collar by the closing date of midnight on 30th September 2015, but you can only enter once per person. Also make sure you retain the collar as proof of purchase - good luck!
If a holiday off the beaten track is on your Wish List too then here are some other great competitions for you to try this weekend:
- Fancy going really long-haul and jetting off to Melbourne in Australia? Enter the Escapism Magazine competition and you and a friend could be taking the journey of a lifetime with Quantas down-under to explore the sights and sounds of the vibrant city of Melbourne! To win a pair of Premium Economy flights and five nights’ accommodation at a central Melbourne hotel simply answer the question (Our advice – A380) by the closing date of 12th September 2015.
- Do you like the idea of going on a luxury African safari holiday? I know I do! In conjunction with the annual Travel Awards 2015 The Independent is giving away a fantastic seven night luxury South African safari for two at Sabi Sabi Private Game Reserve and Grootbos Private Nature Reserve! Nominate a travel company in one of the many categories and you and a friend could be flying to Johannesburg for a fabulous week of safari adventures including all meals, drinks and all excursions & tours! Submit your nominations by the closing date of 13th September 2015.
- My family and I are huge fans of America, Americana and the Cowboy Lifestyle! If you fancy the idea of having an American Adventure too then why not enter the Trekwear competition to win the adventure of a lifetime in the Utah desert! Enter your details at the website and you and a friend could be flying off with United Airlines enjoying complimentary food and drink to Las Vegas, where you will collect your hire car and drive 1.5 hours to Utah. You will have a full itinerary of sights and excursions including horse riding, hiking, Jeep tour, and seven nights’ accommodation! You need to be 25 years or over and hold a clean driver’s license to enter, and the competition ends at midnight on 20th September 2015.
- Does your little one have a flair for photography, especially taking photos of animals and nature? Maybe they would like to enter the NG Kids competition to win a family holiday to Costa Rice! Ask your child aged 6-14 to submit their Amazing Animals, Dare to Explore, Weird but True or Wild Vacation photos (maximum one per category) into this competition and they could be taking their family on a fabulous adventure to South America. The overall winner and their family will be whisked off for an action-packed tropical adventure including white water rafting, zip-lining through the rainforest and hiking up volcanos! There will also be runners up prizes of digital cameras and other goodies so get them snapping and submit their entries by the closing date of 15th October 2015.
- Would you like to explore the ancient temples and local cuisine of Cambodia for your next adventure-packed holiday? Urban Outfitters have a great competition to win a fabulous two week holiday for two including flights, 13 nights’ accommodation, £250 to spend online on clothes, a guided tour of the Angkor Wat temple complex, entrance to and guided tour of the Killing Fields museum, a dolphin spotting boat trip, cycle tour and a Khmer dinner at a local village! To enter you need to upload your ultimate travel snap via Instagram using the hashtag #UOaroundyou and tagging in @UOEurope and @lonelyplanet by midnight on 23rd October 2015.