Hello everyone! How was your week, any nice wins to report? Just the one win for me so far for September, but it is quite a nice one. I have won a fabulous leather tote bag by Elvis & Kresse in the COOK prize draw, worth £184! The bag is lined with reclaimed parachute silk, and apparently has a lovely chocolatey sweet smell – can’t wait for it to arrive! Well, the summer is officially over and the children are back at school. They both had fab first days yesterday and came out of school with smiles on their faces, ready to tell us all about their days. It’s always quite nerve wracking, especially for the older girl, but at least the term has started and we can all start to get back into a routine now. Did your little ones or grandchildren go back to school this week?
Now that summer is over and we can start thinking about autumn, thoughts are already turning to the next half-term in October. I think we will have relatives staying with us during this week, so I am on the look-out for fun things for us all to do. When I go shopping this weekend I will be picking up a few tins of Branston Beans, so that I can enter their fab competition. Branston are giving away 1,000 days out worth £100 as well as 2,000 x £20 supermarket vouchers and 27,000 x £2.50 off your next purchase. To enter you need to buy a promotional can of Branston Beans and enter the unique code from the wrapper online at www.branstonbeansdaysout.co.uk. If you are a winner you will find out immediately and will need to print an online generated certificate. You will need to send off your original wrapper if you are a winner, along with your original till receipt. Winners can choose a special day out to suit their needs, be it a romantic lunch or a family day out to the seaside – plenty of scope to choose the perfect day out! You can enter up to five times per day, up to a maximum of 20 entries over the course of the promotion which ends on 31st October 2015 - good luck!
If you are starting to think about days out for the coming months, why not enter some of these fab competitions this weekend too:
- Do you and the family like animals, historic buildings and plenty of room for the little ones to run around? How about a day at Longleat then! When we lived in Bristol we used to love a trip to the impressive safari park where you can enjoy a drive through animal experience, feed the giraffes, watch the lemurs playing and lots more fun activities for the whole family! Enter the Lets Go with the Children competition and you could be taking the family off for a fun day out, just by answering the question (Our advice – b. 2,570) by the closing date of 23:59 on 7th September 2015.
- Do you know someone who is a big fan of rugby or a big fan of Take That – or maybe both! Enter the competition being run by Magic and you could keep everyone happy by winning a pair of tickets to Wear The Rose LIVE at the O2. The event is hosted by Vernon Kay and is a great opportunity to wave off the England team in style ahead of the World Cup tournament. To join 14,500 fans at the O2 simply answer the question at the website (Our advice – Take That) by the closing date of 23:59 on 7th September 2015.
- Do you like your tennis, especially watching it live? Enter the Keystore competition and you could be watching Andy Murray and all the other top tennis names play in the semi-final of the Davis Cup in Glasgow. To enter this one you just need to supply your details at the website before the closing date of 11th September 2015 - good luck.
- Do your little ones love animals as much as mine do? My eldest in particular loves anything fluffy ad cuddly, and Animal Planet is her TV channel of choice. I know she will be itching to enter the PDSA competition to win a VIP tour of a pet hospital, a photo shoot with your pet and an Action video camera with underwater case – what a fab prize for little animal lovers. To enter this one your child, age 16 or under needs to submit a photo of their pet showing off a skill or playing with their friends, but it must be in their natural state with no clothes or accessories. There are three age categories – under 10, 10-13 and 14-16, and entries need to be in by 11th September 2015.
- Fancy taking their family on a fun-filled day out to Lightwater Valley this half term? You could be enjoying all that the theme park has to offer including roller coasters, shopping village, Angry Birds activity Park and falconry centre! This prize from Northern Life would really burn off some energy and all you need to do to enter is answer the question (Our advice – Pigs) by the closing date of 13th September 2015.
- How about a cultural day out in London, finding out all about William Shakespeare and what life was like when he was alive in the 1500s. Enter the Day Visits competition and you and a friend could be visiting Shakespeare’s Globe at Bankside in London, soaking up the atmosphere and enjoying an open-air performance of your choice. To enter simply answer the question (Our advice – Mission Impossible) by the closing date of 13th September 2015.