Hello again all! Well July is certainly well under way now, and my children are counting the hours almost until the start of the summer holidays! For me, I am just trying to get as far ahead as I can with work, whilst organising as much as I can around what we would like to do as a family over the summer. No big foreign holidays for us this year (unless I win one haha), so more preparation needs to be done into days out, special offers and local events. What will you be doing over the summer months? Any special trips planned? Exploring somewhere you haven’t been before? Attending some local attractions and beauty spots? Drop us a comment below, we love to hear from you!
Of course, as much as we all hope for 6 weeks of glorious balmy weather, we know that probably won’t be the case. Therefore, some contingency plans need to be put into place for when the weather is dull, wet or you just need a break from the sunshine. In a recent survey “trips to the cinema” was the most popular leisure activity of those asked, and Mars has the perfect on-pack promotion for this outing – Sweet Sundays! For the 3rd consecutive year Mars are giving away free cinema tickets to be used on Sundays, but this year over a much wider spectrum of More to Share and standard pouches of chocolate treats - namely M&Ms, Maltesers, Revels and Minstrels. Shoppers can add unique codes onto the website, and once they have banked the equivalent of 4 points (1 standard pouch is 1 point, 1 More to Share pack is 2 points), they will be emailed or posted their cinema voucher.
There is a postcode search feature on the website, so people can find their nearest participating cinema – there was even one participating here on the Island, which is unusual in such promotions! There is a maximum limit of 2 cinema tickets per person, and all tickets must be claimed by 23:59 on 19th November 2014, and tickets must be used by 23:59 on 7th December 2014. So get chomping and sharing some tasty chocolate treats, and you could be off to the cinema too!
On the theme of tickets and events, here are some other late entry comps for you to enter this weekend:
- Have you visited Blenheim Palace? Summer is the perfect time to explore the beautiful house and grounds, and 50connect are giving away a pair of tickets to visit. Head over to their website and register/log in before midnight on 20th July 2014 to enter.
- Maybe watching the 100m semi finals at the Commonwealth games is more your thing? Answer the question on the Barrhead Travel Facebook app (Our advice - Kingston) by 13:00 on 24th July 2014 to win.
- Would you like to top up your crafting supplies and learn some new techniques at the Surrey Creative Crafts Show? Cardmaking & Papercraft are giving away 12 pairs of tickets to the event, and all you need to do to enter is supply your details at the website by midnight on 25th July 2014.
- Are you a Scottish food lover? Would you like a pair of tickets to the Foodies Festival Edinburgh? Leave a comment on the Cakeyboi blog by midnight on 26 July 2015 for a chance to win.
- Fancy going to a family-friendly festival this year? The Attachment Mummy blog are giving away a family pass to the Lollibop Festival in Hertfordshire. Enter via the Rafflecopter widget by midnight on 31st July and answer the question (Our advice- A) Hatfield House)
Happy weekend comping, and lots of Lucky Dust to you all.